Friday, October 10, 2008

Learn It

I have to say, I've been really into taking classes lately.  I miss school sometimes.  But the problem with online classes is that you don't have to show up in person to get the info, see the powerpoint, etc.  Everything is online, and I have a little more trouble with commitment.  I'll fall behind about half way through.  Then the class is over and I'm furiously trying to catch up and get in any questions before the instructor is no longer available.  Sigh.
I didn't do all of the homework for the Bling Out Your Blog class, but this will be one of the assignments. :)
I've learned so much from Kimberly Brimhall, it's amazing.  I had no idea there was such a huge structure to blogging.  So many help sites and tutorials, so much to do to customize one's online journal. 
To anyone who reads this via RSS feed, I've changed much of the design I was using before - a brand new look (so check it out!).  There are a couple things to change still, but I'm getting close to what I want.  The only brand new application in the sidebar is a playlist of tunes.  I've set it to play upon selection, instead of automatically playing and startling you out of your seat while at work... or late at night when the whole house is quiet...or just startling you period.  (You know what I'm talking about - we've all been to those blogs.)  :)  There are currently 103 songs by Christian artists, so it is safe for the family - most of them are on KLOVE.  It is a good mix of worship/praise songs, comfortable listening and several "hardcore" songs.  Hardcore Christian Bands, remember.  Nothing to be frightened of.  There are much more heavy metal/rap/screamer Christian bands out there, but still not my scene.  I usually listen to this playlist while I'm working on any of my crafty projects, doing the bills, reading blogs, or making dinner.  It's an all-around lovely selection.  (And if you don't like something, you can skip to the next one.)
One of the homework prompts (of at least a hundred to choose from) was "College taught you".  College taught me much, but what sticks out the most as it pertains to all the online classes that I'm taking is that I love to learn.  I always have.  I've done layouts about this before; my mom has dubbed me a Lifelong Learner.  While I was in the middle of college, it sure didn't feel that way, but I know I thrived in that environment.  Looking back, I can see it taught me how to organize, how to take notes, how to read more efficiently, and that I love classes.  If I could go to school just to learn, and not need to pay for it, pass the class with an A, or apply what I've learned to a specific job, I'd go to school forever.
Perhaps I'll make a little badge for the classes I'm currently taking.  That way, if anyone else is interested, they can check it out too!
*A bit of housekeeping:  If anyone finds any links that don't work or just want to talk about anything I've worked on my blog so far, don't hesitate to send me a comment or email.*

 Rainbow box-1

No comments:

Post a Comment