Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Batty Bat (aka 1, 2, 3 Count!)

When I was little, I would watch Sesame Street every day. (Who didn't?) It even stayed in my after school tv line-up until 2nd or 3rd grade, believe it or not. Of all the songs they sing, even the theme song, this is the one I remember the most. I have no idea why. It will randomly pop into my head every now and again.

In honor of Count, I titled a side bar section after what I call that song, "1, 2, 3 count!" and have placed all of the applications with numbers in there: a 12-hour clock in my time zone, a 24-hour clock (which is for my benefit, as I still cannot tell time this way - despite being married to a soldier) and finally, a countdown to the Winter Olympics! Go snow! It's all the way at the bottom on the left.

batty batty batty batty batty bat 1 2 3 count!

p.s. I like colors!

p.p.s. I FINALLY figured out how to embed a video. (obviously).

Rainbow box-1

*Update: I just did a search on when this episode first aired; November 18, 1985, episode 2096. That link is a nice flowchart of all the skits on that episode... and I remember most of them! haha! wow. Some lovely memories! This episode was monumental, as we met Snuffy in real life for the first time!

This particular skit was one of my favorite ways they showed letters:

Letter g

I cannot find a video of this right now.. if anyone has seen one, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment