Sunday, May 25, 2008

Scrap Your Day/Well Now We Know/Weekend Creative/Splash

Today is the 25th of the month, and I promptly forgot it was Scrap Your Day. So I had to change my clock to say what time I got up... kind of cheating.. but I forgot. :( I'll post the day's pictures tonight.

I've been slowly getting back into the swing of things now that we are back home. Welcome back, it's 97 degrees. We stupidly drove straight through, 19 hours... straight. In one day. Well.. we got back home at 3:45am. I was so overtired I was getting carsick. It was a really weird feeling. I'll never do that again. My life's motto applies to this situation: Well, now we know. The house was fine, despite my daily worry while gone. It even smelled clean and new. Not always the case when you come back to a closed up house after 12 days. Poor Pete has to work 4 days in a row; Welcome back, here's a ton of work, jump right in!

I have been working on this Friday's Weekend Creative, but am unable to share any detailed information or photos as it is a gift. I don't want to spoil the surprise until the recipients receive it. So, once they get it, I'll post photos.

Amazingly, the community pool FINALLY opened (either yesterday or today); I walked over to check it out and happily, there were people swimming! Later I swung by again and it was quickly becoming packed. This just reassures me that I'll have to go swimming in the morning when the place opens at 6 if I want to avoid swimming over a small child or getting jumped on by a fat kid or beaned in the head with a ball. Ah well, it's what I expected would have to happen. It'll be good for me right? Getting up at 5:30? Right....?

No comments:

Post a Comment