Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm back!

Tiny respite, back to write some more.
The pool is finally open with the key card box working properly.  Prior to today it would either be padlocked shut, or the card reader wasn't functioning properly, which required someone to let you in.  Now I can finally go swimming at 6am in peace.
A few days ago, we saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  Pretty good, better than Temple of Doom, not quite as good as the others.  Was disappointed at the ending.  Today we saw the second installment of Narnia.  Again, pretty good, not as good as the first.  I was not as emotionally involved in Price Caspian as I was in Lion, Witch & Wardrobe.  Meh.  Didn't pull at the heartstrings as much.  Maybe that's just the way the book is, I don't know, I've never read them.
Last week's Weekend Creative is finished, waiting to be mailed (mom and dad, don't follow that link quite yet), and the current Weekend Creative is a fantastic idea...just not one I'm going to be able to execute very soon.  I'd like to accumulate more photos of the family we will have in the future.  In order to accumulate said photos, one must have said family in the first place.  :)
I'm almost done with the finishing touches to stage our house for a sale this summer, God willing.  The sale, I mean, not finishing the staging.
I've also been working on a small, ring-bound notebook of sorts to house all my scrapbook sketches that I refer to when I need a bit of inspiration.  I'm almost finished with that project too, and will share photos upon completion.  So far, I'm guessing I'll need three 2" binder rings to hold them all.
The other day as I walked out to my car upon completion of grocery shopping, a grandmotherly type lady walked up to me, and we had a brief conversation:
Her:  Well, aren't you a smart somebody. (half comment, half question.)
Me: Oh?
Her:  For bringing your own bags to use.
Me: Oh, yes, I suppose so. (Duh. Didn't know what to say.)
Her:  Did you make them?
Me:  (Recovering from the shock of someone acknowledging my reusable, super cute, cloth bags,) No, I purchased them online from this company, b. happybags.  It's still handmade, but you could make it really easily though, it's just a box pattern with strong handle straps.  I love it, they sit nicely in your car and don't tip over, I can fill up my (Texas sized HEB) cart and it'll fit in these six bags.  They can get a little heavy though (as I struggle to get the bag filled with OJ, milk, apple juice, buttermilk, pomegranate juice and a full quart of yogurt into the trunk.)  But I love them!
Her:  Well I don't really sew.  Online you say?
Me:  Yep, there are others that make these market bags too.  I just really liked b.happybags' products.  And I always feel good about myself walking out of the store without the extra waste of plastic.
Her:  Huh, well you're a smart someone.  Have a nice day!  (As she walks off.)
Me:  Thanks, you too!  (As I get into my car smiling.)
Dsc_1560
I love my bags!  (Ignore the double chin and lack of makeup.)  The styles I purchased are Victoria and Lucy (three each) and one John (for Pete, so he could have a "manly" bag, not a frilly frou frou fussy pretty bag to shop with - not pictured.)

No comments:

Post a Comment