Friday, January 2, 2009

One Little Word 2009

Olw 2009 A few years ago, Ali Edwards put out a challenge to her readers to pick one word for the coming year that they will hold close to their hearts, to inject into their every day's work.  Something to embody your life for the next year.  Something to work on, to change, to keep as a reminder.
I have spent the last 3 years withdrawing into myself even more so than is in my normal character (to be self-sufficient and quiet and reserved).  I have not made the effort to branch out and meet new people.  To try new things.  To see new places.  To take a stab at failure.  To do anything that I am unsure about.
In choosing the word CONNECT, I am hoping to remind myself daily that I need to put myself out there and connect with other people.  Connect with the world in which I live.  Connect with my Heavenly Father.  And too, connect with myself.
It will take multiple reminders, most likely daily... even hourly.  But I hope to come out of 2009 with more courage to take that first step of putting myself out there and connecting with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment