Wednesday, December 31, 2008

See ya 2008.  Bring on the new and unknown.
Having spent some time away from my blog, I've come to realize that this must be something I choose to keep up with.  Something that I make time for, that becomes part of the routine, and that I learn to open up to.  It seems to me that one evolves over time when writing in a blog.  And it seems that others who have kept it up faithfully come to cherish and rely on their blogs and blog readers.  That is something that I'd like to have happen, but cannot force it.  It must be a natural process.
That being said, many other things have been on my mind lately.  Like the things the people always promise themselves to begin in the coming year.  I always feel that if I'm to start something, it must be at the beginning of the week, month or year.  It doesn't make sense to me to begin in the middle.  So, the start of a new calendar fosters newness in other things in my life as well.
Here are the things I'm adding to my goal sheet for 2009 (with the exception of the first line, in no particular order):
*Spend time in the Word daily, and not just on Sunday in church.
*Take one photo a day (not necessarily a self-portrait).
*Create something weekly, if not daily.
*Find a job.
*Keep house in orderly condition.
*Join gym and attend regularly (frequency TBD).
*Read often.
*Participate in Every Monday Matters with husband and parents.
*Keep a journal.
*Blog regularly (again, frequency TBD).
*Incorporate my One Little Word for 2009 into my daily life.
*Participate in the activities and discoveries of What's Your Red Rubber Ball?!.
I think that's all for now.
I'll expound on some of these tomorrow.
For now, have a safe and blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment