Monday, December 1, 2008

I've surfaced

Alright.  So, this is where I've been for the last week:DSC_4433
Three days of driving.  One week of painting and waiting for the movers.  Then one week trying to dig myself out from under this mountain of boxes.
This room has tall windows and is 15 feet high. Yes, it was so much fun to paint, thank you for asking.  If the ceiling clearance had not been such, I would have felt extremely claustrophobic.
I've only got about 6 boxes left to unpack in the whole apartment.  Even after the garage sale, I cannot believe how much stuff we've already accumulated.  Sadly, most of the second bedroom's boxes consisted of my crafting stuff.
In fact, there was so much of it, and since we sold all the mismatched storage units that it once sat on, we took a drive to IKEA on Saturday to pick up one of these lovelies.Expedit bookshelf photo from IKEA.com
Which is now full of crafty stuff, but totally unorganized, so it won't stay full in the long run.  I am also working towards the green room/cat room/studio/workroom/storage room being ready for our beloved Jasmine to inhabit ASAP.  This is where she'll be staying when we're gone and when we're asleep.  And we can't have stuff all over the place, or boxes piled to the tops of the door frames.  She won't have any room!
So, as of this evening, this room is done.  The other rooms... they are unpacked, but in shambles.  Everything looks as if it has exploded.  Gah.  It drives me nuts.  And some people live like this every day!  Stuff everywhere, I mean.  To each his own.  :)
Anyways, as today is December 1, (or will be for about 10 more minutes), I am once again participating in Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas.  I did this last year, and almost finished the whole thing.  You are given a prompt, and you can write about it, take photos, or scrapbook.  This goes on from December 1 to January 6, and the concept is to take back your Christmas from the craziness that it has become.  To remember why you love it and what it's about and all of your memories and happy warm fuzzies regarding the holidays.  I love it! 
I got my stuff unpacked just in time.  Well, I didn't have everything organized, so I wasn't able to gather all my Christmas supplies for easy working, but I still did my dedication/manifesto/promise page, and here it is:
DSC_4446
It is a little hard to see, but there is a Maya Road sheer on there - a woman with a little heart (I know it's on the "wrong" side, but there was a hole punched there, and I wanted to cover it up).  I liked this, as it is somewhat symbolic of the season and how it so involves our hearts - and not being so greedy and frantic, but being giving and savoring the season.
Anyhow, I'll try and blog once a day this month, as I'm working on a journal page each day.  No promises.  But I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment