Monday, September 29, 2008

3 Years Ago Today...

3 years ago today, I said this in my blog (at the end of a very long post):
Thursday, September 29, 2005
Give It Up
After everything that has been going on in the past few months, I've come to the realization that I've just got to give it up.  Give everything up to Him.  I'll never make it through without Him.  I've tried.  And failed miserably.
How funny that I haven't seemed to internalize this yet.  Here I am, still trying to do it all on my own.  "I know best."  Right.  Ha.  (Shakes head in grim dismay at self.)
"I'll wake up to find
Your glory defined
and I will finally bow at your feet
I will lift up your name in honor and praise
when I cross over Jordan
I know that I'll be running home to you"
-Building 429

(emphasis mine)
Sigh.  Perpetual learning.  And forgetting.  And re-learning again.
DSC_3232-1
Here's to re-learning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment