Sunday, August 24, 2008

Elise Blaha's Craft Olympics

Elise Blaha is hosting a Craft Olympics with three categories:  Best Use of Pattern, Best Use of Text, and Best Use of Paint.
I have chosen to enter two of these, but I suppose one of my entries could be considered for either of two categories.  So, here they are.
First up, Use of Pattern.  (which could also be entered under use of paint.. but I chose pattern.)
DSC_3852
I did not create this on the date listed, that's his birthday, I made this today, so it still falls into the time frame for the CO.  I used the foam stamps from Creating Keepsakes' Kit of the Month from December, and tried to find shapes that would lend themselves to repeats.  Hence the category, Use of Pattern. Which to me, is what repetition is. 
When I asked Pete what kind of dessert he wanted, he surprised me by requesting a chocolate-chocolate ice cream cake.  So, I headed to Coldstone Creamery and picked up the smallest chocolate cake they had.  The ganache was still pretty hard when I tried to put the candles in, so instead, he just held one to blow out.  :)
Secondly, Use of Text.  This also falls under the category of Blog Challenges (Scrapjacked - bettiescrapbookjack.)DSC_3847 The song is by Coldplay, and for some reason I just really like this song; the background music, the way it's sung, maybe not ALL of the lyrics, but I still really like it.  It calms me sometimes.
I used some packaging plastic that just seemed too cool to get rid of, it was already crumpled and gave such a different texture.  As for my take on the bettiescrapbookjack, I loved how she printed the journaling on her photo, as well as the masking tape and the layers.  I didn't do that many layers, but I still love this LO.
Anyways, I'm off to fix dinner and watch the Closing Ceremonies, as we didn't get to see the Opening Ceremonies, just the march in.  Hopefully the weather is done being rumbly and the satellite won't kick out.
Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment