Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jumpology

I've been on Photojojo's mailing list for awhile now, and one of the subjects a few years ago was jumping - a sure fire way to get smiles! One of the links in the article led me to a Smithsonian article about the founder of the jumping photograph, Philippe Halsman. Which in turn led me to his book, titled Philippe Halsman's Jump Book, published in 1959, which I am currently reading. An inspiring book and concept, I thought we could try it out!
IMG_2175-2 IMG_2176-2

(Disclaimer - these first two photos were my first attempts at this concept of Jumpology - as such, the flash is a little strong and the backgrounds are so unspectacular, as it is simply the kitchen/hallway. That little yellow thing which I could have/should have photoshopped out is half of an Easter egg for the cat.)

Later, Pete and I went for a walk through one of the local parks around sunset, which gave some interesting lighting as well as swarms of, guess what, mosquitoes. (Ugh. So tired of them.)

IMG_2180-2 IMG_2182-2

I have to say, this could be a fun way to document the journey of life.

Today: A little road trip to Cambridge with mom, grocery planning, and possibly some more laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment