Sunday, July 5, 2009

Friends + Family

Whenever someone uses the "+" symbol, I never know immediately if they meant it to be read as ____ plus ____, or ____ and _____. In this case, I mean "and". As in friends and family. &.

Just so we're all on the same page.

I am so thankful that I had yesterday off from work, so that I could accompany my husband to Milwaukee to visit our friends and family. It seems that whenever we go to R&L's, we're the first ones there - at least that's how it's been the last two times. Hey, at least we're prompt! We must be channeling Zuko, Azula, Ty Lee and Mai. ;) 10 points to anyone who knows what I'm referring to.

Grilling is so much more fun when you have people to do it with, especially when you can hang around outside while it's happening. Not to mention, sampling the new blue Mountain Dew! I have to say, I've never grilled my 'mallows for smores - usually they're roasted over a campfire. But dudes, SMORES! How awesome are they? Delish.

After trying my hand at two new games - Yard Toss and Rock Band, Pete and I headed out to a family member's house for more grilled meat product and salad and soda. At that point in the evening I was stuffed and sadly did not have any more room for the yummy looking eats. By then the state bird had made its appearance and much swatting and scratching ensued. (And by state bird I mean the mosquito.) A yard toss game was also present, at which cousin T and I won all three games we played!


Big thanks to the Rob(b)s who hosted parties yesterday!

Today: New cell phones with a new provider for less money, but hopefully the same phone numbers. An easy-going Sunday with my fam and catching up on Burn Notice. Oh and the cat will finally be getting her bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment