Friday, October 30, 2009

Random Bits, Odds, and Various Ends

Antiquing with my mom was much more fun than going it alone - especially since she knew what things were that I had no idea of, as well as if something was a good deal (yay basket!). I came home with 2 wire gym/locker baskets, a large, heavy pair of Milliner/Sewing (?) scissors - that may still cut, a gold bracelet for my Halloween costume, and a large wicker laundry basket to be used as quilt storage. I'll get some pictures on here once everything is cleaned up.
While I was out the other day, I found a few pieces for Pete's Halloween costume at JT Puffins, Halloween Express and TJ Maxx. It's coming along, slowly but surely. As for my costume, we're waiting on a sewing machine part to come in for a particular edging stitch. My mom is so nice to get this sewing foot just for me. :)  {Thanks mom!}
Last night Pete insisted on buying a RiffTrax and watching the corresponding movie: Twilight. Which, yes I own. If you are not familiar with it, RiffTrax is a recording of a couple people making fun of a movie - that you play right along side of the movie, so you hear both the movie and the poking fun. They started with Mystery Science Theater 3000 (also known as MST3K). I have to say, this kind of humor is more Pete's style, but over the years it has grown on me. The first half was much funnier than the later half, so it was a tad disappointing the hilarity level didn't keep up throughout the full length, but, overall, not a bad $3.99 spent.
Today: Listening to various Phantom of the Opera tracks, reading The Essential Garden Design Workbook, 2nd ed. (for some reason, as I have no yard in which to plant a garden), cleaning up antique treasures, watching a few eBay bids, house cleaning (as always) and possibly a walk in the fall weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment