Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Well ya see, it's like this

I sort of fell off the face of the blogearth. But I do have some fantastical news!
SOLD Yes, our house has sold, we closed on Wednesday, May 13, and the paperwork was finalized on Friday, May 15. The payoffs went through yesterday, and our mortgage accounts are at $0. (ZERO!) Yes, I know that is how it works when you sell a house, your mortgage(s) get paid off. It's just crazy to actually see that balance.
While we took a huge hit in the price and ended up having to pay (literally) to get rid of the place, it is no longer our responsibility, no longer a weight dragging us down. It is a monetary setback, and we are now back at square one with savings and debt reduction. On the other hand, we have gained valuable experience and knowledge. So, it's done.
Thank you everyone who was praying for us for the last year about our house!
Secondly, I have a job interview on Friday, which is really encouraging, especially following the situation with the house. So, more prayers requested, if you're willing to send 'em up!
Thanks for stickin' with me if you're still reading this blog, I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment